Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One of those days & Is "ship" a bad word?

This day has started out wrong and has gone from bad to worse! It started with the boys and I sitting at the kitchen table as we have done almost every day this summer to work on some school work. Of course, I was still in my pajamas when we had a knock at the back door and the doorbell at the front door rang. The backdoor was the carpet men coming to install the baby's carpet 3 hours earlier than expected and the front door was the Jehovah's Witnesses. So, come in carpet men (even though I am still in my pjs with no make-up on) and no Jehovah's Witnesses, we are not interested (sorry if you are Jehovah's Witnesses but we are very happy going to our Baptist church, oh and sorry I was little short with the visitors at my door). So, in come the carpet people as I rush around trying to make myself look presentable. I was actually happy that they were here because we really want to work on that room. However, things did not go as planned. They brought the wrong carpet (berber and we ordered frieze) and ours might still be at the factory on the other side of the state. Of course!
After they leave I decide that since they are not sure if they will be back today, and I am hosting Bunco at my house tomorrow night, I may as well give my house a good cleaning. This is not the way I wanted to spend my last day of summer break before I go back to work tomorrow, but I might as well be productive if I am stuck at home and can't go to the pool. That's when the kids started in. They were in and out, in and out of the house, leaving the back door standing wide open every time, tracking dog hair in from the garage (our yellow lab is shedding terribly right now and I can't keep the garage clean), and they spilled water all over the kitchen floor. Cole comes in tattling on Alex that he keeps saying the word "ship." I say "Ship?? How did he use the word." Cole says that ship must be a bad word when he is talking about fighting- like a warship. I say, "Well, I think that is okay as long as you are not saying 'Oh, ship' because then it sounds like a bad word." Both boys say, "Why would someone say 'Oh, ship" and "What bad word are you talking about?" Oh, forget it! Go back outside and play. Then Cole pitched huge temper tantrum that I would not allow him to take his Nintendo DS outside for the neighbors.
Back to cleaning, I am dusting the entertainment cabinet and find that there is a TON of dust behind the DVD player, much more than my dust rag can handle. So, I go get the vacuum cleaner (which just had $30 in new parts over the weekend to make it work again). I start up the vacuum to suck up that dust and it starts billowing smoke! It manages to spit melted black rubber all over the carpet and stink up the entire house in less than 10 seconds! Now, I need a new vacuum cleaner, have stained carpet in the living room, and still have no carpet upstairs! I am afraid to touch anything else and it is only lunch time! At least the boys are happy to stay outside playing for the day since the entire house smells like burned rubber!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment