Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy Birthday Cole!!





We celebrated Cole's 9th birthday Friday with a camping party. He decided that this year he wanted to have a few boys over to camp out in the backyard, so we pitched tents and built a camp fire. It was also my nephew's 11th birthday, and he came over to help celebrate. Cole and Kyle had not seen each other in a long time until recently, but they get along really well. The boys had fights with silly string, played flashlight tag, and ate hamburgers, hot dogs, s'mores over the fire, and cake. Mike even put one of our neighbors up to making a bear call and sneaking around the backs of the houses to scare the boys just as it was getting dark! The boys were all running around with flashlights trying to find the bear. This was perfect since there really have been some bear sightings in our area lately.









Everyone was having a great time until it was bedtime and Cole had the glow-in-the-dark chemicals from a glowstick explode all over his face and in his eyes. He was screaming so loud from inside his tent that we thought there was a snake in there and the other boys got so scared that they wanted to go home. The only boys that actually slept outside were the two littlest ones (Alex and Sasha) who slept through the whole thing inside the camper. It was a great party, but we were all very tired Saturday.




Cole decided to use his birthday money to buy a little electric dirtbike. He has been riding it all over the backyard with his friend who also has one. At first I was really worried about getting a dirtbike, but then I saw how small it is, and we decided that he could have it if he did not ride it on the road. My mom says that she is not responsible for any injuries since she is the one that gave him most of the money to buy it!




It is still hard to believe that Cole turned 9. It seems like just yesterday that he was this little 5 pound baby who suprised us all by coming early. Cole will be in 4th grade this year- only 2 more years until he will be at the middle school with me. He has grown into a little man. He is becoming more responsible and mature every day. I told my mom that I wish we could just hit the "pause" button and keep our kids at ages 9, 7, and 2. I do not want them to grow up, but I know that they will. I am trying to remind myself to cherish them every day and remember that spending time with them is much more important than dishes or laundry. I will have to return to work in just a few weeks, and I really worry about how I will find the right amount of time to spend with each child.

No comments:

Post a Comment