Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Monday, April 4, 2011

Our Spring Break Camping Trip

I hope I don't bore you with too many pictures, but with the 176 pictures saved on my camera (even after I dumped out all of the bad ones from the weekend), it was hard to just pick one or two good ones to post on my blog. Don't worry though; I didn't post all of them!


We spent the beginning of our spring break camping with another family in the mountains. The weather was cool in the evenings and warmer during the day- the perfect weather for camping.



The boys loved riding their bikes and trying to pan for gold in the creek. We took a little trip to an old gold mine for a tour and some gold mining. After that, all Cole wanted to do was try to pan for gold with one of my blue enamel camping plates in the creek. He never found any in the creek (not too surprising), but each of the boys did find a few flakes on the gold mine tour.






All of the kids also loved roasting marshmallows and hanging out around the camp.













Anna Grace enjoyed playing on the play ground and visiting the horses. Cole and Alex (especially Cole) have never cared too much for horses. It has seemed strange to me that they don't share my love of horses, but I think Anna Grace is going to be my little cowgirl. All she talked about all weekend was walking down to the barn (which she calls "Donalds" from the song "Old McDonald") to see and ride the horses. I was really surprised when she let me toss her up on top of one of the horses and let me lead her around. She kept yelling to her brothers, "Look at me, look at me!!!" She was so proud of herself that Alex was finally convinced to ride behind her for his first horseback ride. I think he was not going to let his little sister show him up!




1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you that you can never bore us with too many pictures. You have a beautiful family, and I smile every time I see photos of your kids and how happy they all look. You can really tell how blessed you all are to have each other as a family. :)

    Looks like you had a great camping trip!

    ReplyDelete