Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our first broken bone...



We have had an eventful week that started with Cole breaking his collar bone. He was playing football with another kid during Alex's Tuesday night soccer game when he got tackled really hard. Thank goodness the orthopedic clinic is open late because they were able to get him in and out really quickly Tuesday night without a visit to the ER.
Cole will be in a sling for several weeks. He is having a really hard time with his school work because he is left handed. He also insists that he is not going trick-or-treating next weekend since he will have to wear a sling over his costume. I am really sad for him, because unlike Alex who does not care too much for Halloween, it is one of Cole's favorite holidays. He talks about his costume for months and has so much fun with the decorations. I really hope he changes his mind when he sees the other kids coming to our door next weekend.



We had the fall festival at the boys' school yesterday. Back in August I signed up to help at Cole's class booth. Mike took Alex and Anna Grace to Alex's soccer game while Cole and I headed to the festival. They would join us after the game when my shift was over. Even as I was walking up to the festival yesterday I thought I would be helping with a cake walk or ring-toss game. I was quite suprised when I arrived and was told that I would be helping with the train ride, and then I dicovered that I would be driving the train! The "train" was a 4-wheeler pulling a dozen "cars" filled with kids. It has been a long time since I have driven a 4-wheeler, and I have never driven anything that was pulling a trailer. I have always had a fear that I would hit something if I had to pull our camper (and this train was way longer than any camper).

The first time around the PE field I almost hit a huge pile of sticks with my "train cars" filled with little kids. My train was often loaded with 5th graders shooting waterguns at each other and sometimes even a crying baby. But, I survived my 2 hour shift without any casualties. Cole, Alex, and Anna Grace had a great time, and hopfully they will realize someday that I was truly out of my "comfort zone" but I was trying to be a good mom.


Anna Grace says "xiexie" (thank you) to Unmi and her sweet family for sending her favorite Asian yogurt drinks. She also loved her yummy panda cookies!

No comments:

Post a Comment