Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Start of Summer



School is out and summer has started. So far, it has been really busy. We have had 2 birthday parties to attend, our last post-placement visit with our social worker for Anna Grace's adoption, several trips to the pool, and a playdate with Anna Grace's friends- and I have been off of work for less than a week!!


Anna Grace is really enjoying to pool. Last year at this time she was terrified of water, but she has come a long way. I have a feeling that by the end of summer she will be jumping off the side of the pool into my arms.






I truly love summer break and having the chance to stay home with my kids. Mike loves summer because I can do more of the cooking and housework. He gets to take a bit of a break. However, I struggle with guilt every summer. Whenever I am playing with the kids I think that I should be doing some housework or project, and when I am working on housework, I feel like I should be playing with the kids or working on the summer school work that I give them. I know it sounds silly, but I feel like I need to make the most of every minute of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment