Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Will we have pumpkins?


Cole and Alex decided in early July that they wanted to grow their own pumpkins for fall. They picked out several types of seeds, carefully hoed an area of our old garden, and planted their seeds all on their own. Since then, they have been watering and fertilizing their plants in hopes that their pumpkins would grow for Halloween.


Their plants have had beautiful yellow flowers for over a month, but they were getting discouraged that there have been no pumpkins... until last week when they noticed that some small pumpkins started to grow. The pumpkins seem to be growing very slowly, but Cole and Alex are still hoping that they will have a pile of homegrown pumpkins to fill the front porch for Halloween.


Secretly, I am getting worried that they will not be ready in time for Halloween. When I go to the grocery store and see huge pallets of pumpkins already for sale, I am wonder if Cole and Alex will have Thanksgiving pumpkins instead of Halloween pumpkins. I really hope my two little boys will not be too disappointed if we have to buy our pumpkins to make into Halloween jack-o-lanterns.



These are a few quick pictures I took of Anna Grace when she and I sneaked outside to get pumpkin pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment