Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Busy

I love this song because the beginning if it reminds me of what our schedule is like with 3 kids. If you want to listen to it, you will need to click on the "pause" button on my music in the right side bar. I feel like I don't get a chance to even sit down for a minute some days unless it is behind the wheel of the car or sitting with one of the boys working on a project or other homework assignment. Don't get me wrong, I love our crazy busy life and everything that goes into it, but I am more than ready for spring break and the chance to spend some time at home- oh wait...we already have dentists appointments, 2 family Easters, church, preparations for Alex's and Anna Grace's upcoming birthdays, and a camping trip during spring break. So, maybe spring break will not be relaxing, but at least I don't have to go to work. So hear is a glimpse of our week: Sunday is church, housework, and grocery shopping. I do a lot of couponing so Sunday is usually my day to try and save money. Monday is soccer with Alex. He has either a practice or a game on Monday nights.
Tuesday is preschool in the mornings and dance in the afternoons for Anna Grace. Sorry I don't have pictures of ballet, but I will try and post some soon. She looks forward to her dance class all week and looks adorable in her tutu! Wednesday is Awanas at church. All 3 kids go and they have to learn bible verses and complete activities throughout the week to prepare. These pictures are of "Crazy Sun Glasses Night" at Awanas.
...and these pictures are of "Twins Night" at Awanas. Anna Grace was excited to get to dress alike with her friend, Omi.
Thursday is preschool for Anna Grace in the morning again and then tennis in the afternoon for Cole. Cole just started taking tennis a few months ago and he is really enjoying it.
Friday is.....nothing!!! A night to relax or run errands. Saturday is soccer for Alex and then yard work, projects with the kids, and housework. We try to find a fun family activity that we can all do together.
Throw in a doctor appointment, birthday party, or school event and we are running all week. Plus, the boys usually have quite a bit of homework to complete each night. Alex won an award at school for showing leadership in the classroom.
While I was at the school watching Alex get his award, I caught Cole outside taking down the flag as part of his duties as one of the Patrols.
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed by the activities, homework, and everything that goes into raising 3 kids, but Mike and I feel that they each need an activity plus church in order to give them a chance to explore new skills and interests. We hope that we have balanced their time with structured activities and time to play in the yard with the neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment