Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Anna Grace is here!

I know that most of all you want to see pictures, but the server that I am using will not allow me to post them. I did email some to Courtney and she will post them soon. We traveled to the Civil Affairs office this morning, and the children were already there waiting for us. It was so exciting to walk into the building and see Anna Grace playing with toys in the little play room. She got really upset when we picked her up. She had just left her foster family and she is still really missing them. Even though she has been grieving for them today, she is willing to let us hold her and wants us to be right by her side. She talks quite a bit, but we have no idea what she is saying since she does not speak English! She ate a good lunch this afternoon of congee, watermelon, fried egg, and even some French fries! The other adoptive families have been so helpful and giving. They have given us a few outfits, snacks, some toys, and a blanket. We are really hoping to get our luggage back tonight. Thank you so much to everyone that has been praying for us

4 comments:

  1. Yahooo!! So very happy for you!!
    Here's to the end of a very long wait and the start of many happy days together! Cheers!

    Dorothy H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mike and Karla!

    Congrats on finally getting to hold your beautiful daughter! I watched the short video Uncle Ronnie posted. She is beautiful! I'm so glad that you are so close to bringing Anna Grace home! I can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sure would like to see a picture of my new niece.I am so excited for you.I love you both, and you are in my prayers
    Aunt Betty Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited you have Anna Grace! I am remembering that day well, knowing the exact building you are in, what it felt, the food you are eating the room you are sleeping in...just crazy to think we were there just two months ago! Anna Grace will more likely grieve for a few days, but the Lord works miracles in these children and before long, she will know you are her family and that you love her so much! We are praying for you, every step of the way!
    Jeremiah wants me to mention that you really need to eat at the noodle house next door at the Holiday Inn. It was our favorite and they handroll the noodles and then cook them. Seriously, it was amazing! He says the spring rolls were great too, although I never had them.
    Please tell Yisha that the big family that adopted Meng Qiao (pronounced Mung Chow) says hello. We loved Yisha! She does her job efficiently but if you invite her to eat with you or spend some time talking to her, you'll find she is just as sweet!

    Praying for you guys and rejoicing in the wonderful day! Praying your luggage shows up soon too!

    ReplyDelete