Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Day 2 with Anna Grace

Anna Grace has had a really great day so far. She has been crying a lot less and is much more interactive with us. She really loves her new daddy. She will let me hold her and do things for her, but she would prefer for Mike to hold her. Amazingly, she is already speaking some English in the less than 24 hours that we have had her. She will say "more", "bye, bye" and "shoes". She is definately a "shoe girl" and she loves to eat. When we came into the hotel lobby this morning after going to register for the adoption papers, she kept pointing at the hotel restaraunt trying to get us to go in there to eat again. Another thing that she loves is Mike's ipod. She loves to hold it and dance to the songs! When the song is over she will look at us and say "more!" We got our luggage last night and it felt like Christmas. We are so grateful to get a change of clothes and the things that we packed for Anna Grace. Anna Grace is taking a nap right now and then we will go to Walmart to buy some supplies for the orphanage. The orphanage director will allow us to visit there tomorrow morning. I have mixed feelings about going there tomorrow. I would love to see where Anna Grace spent about 10 months of her life and have that information to share with her when she gets older, but I am afraid that I will be so sad after I see all of the other precious children needing families. We are still trying to post some pictures, but the blog is blocked in China and we are using a special website to give us partial access to our blog. We have emailed pictures to our neighbors, but the email keeps getting lost. We promise to keep trying because I know you all want to see her.

3 comments:

  1. Karla and Mike- May peace find you today in the orphanage. While it may be hard to see all the other little ones, know that there are many more who will listen to God's call too and follow their hearts. What matters is that just in your own experience with your little Anna Grace, other eyes have been opened. Sending prayers of comfort, love and safety to you three. Much Love, Melissa and Hunter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla and Mike, I just wanted you to know, that I get up at 4:30 each weekday morning, and the first thing I do is look at you up date.I enjoy them so much. I should be there the first week in June. I hope to met my Grand- Niece at that time.Love you both, stay safe. Aunt Betty-Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you are going to the orphanage. It will give you such a greater sense of who Anna Grace has become and a part of her life history. You will treasure that time so much more once you get him. And Praise the Lord for luggage! Yeah! So happy for you.
    Seriously, if you need help with the pictures, I don't mind. Just email them to me.
    We are praying for you and for your journey! Such an exciting time for you guys!

    ReplyDelete