Cole, Alex, & Anna Grace

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Is this normal??

Ok, friends who have little girls, I need your help. Just when I thought I was beginning to understand all of the aspects of raising a daughter I get blind-sided. Anna Grace is taking a little beginner dance class for 2 year olds. Her babysitter takes her because it is in the morning. When they asked if we wanted her to perform in the recital, I said "sure." I thought the cost of the costume was steep (like $ 58 or something like that), but I did not want Anna Grace to be left out. Now today I find out that we have to buy tickets to see her dance- they are $16 a person!!!! She will be in one little short dance on the stage and she is 2 !! Seriously??? $16 a person. It will cost a fortune to take our family to see her dance. Plus- grandparents and her sitter will want to come. Someone please tell me- is this normal???

3 comments:

  1. I have danced 12 years and I think they are $8 a person. I would agree that is crazy expensive!
    Bigsistochinagirl(RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I forgot to add that my parents get in for free,too.
    Bigsistochinagirl(RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karla, Both of my girls take dance from Joan Mann and have since they each were three years old. We chose her for many reasons outside of what I am going to tell you, but to focus in on recital only, typically costumes are around $60.00 - $80.00 (my girls usually get two costumes for that price and dance in two songs, one ballet and one jazz) and the tickets are usually around $14.00 a person, unless the child sits in your lap, then they don't have to pay. The other big thing is that Joan only has recitals every other year because of the expense to parents. In non-recital years she has parents day twice a year so we can come see all they have learned. I know her studio looks like a "shack" but the quality they recieve is incredible and her prices are much lower ($35.00 per child, per month for us with two children) because she doesn't have overhead charges from renting a building like other places. Also, her classes are in the afternoon - might make it more available for you to take Anna Grace. So I guess the prices you mentioned aren't that different from what we experience (with the exception that we get two costumes) and ticket prices are fairly comparable.
    Hope this helps!
    Have a great day!
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete